Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to Preschool

Inara went back to preschool this week. We figured we would get her into the groove of things before baby arrives. She was super excited about wearing her new backpack there. One of those little things that I thought maybe she was too little to care about.


When I told her I wanted to get a picture of her wearing her backpack, she turned around to show it to the camera.


She seems to have had a really good time at preschool and I'm really grateful to be able to drop her off there for a few hours now that I'm too tired to be able to get out with her as much as she needs. 

I also think that Inara is sensing a disturbance in the force. She's been mostly positive about the baby coming, but yesterday was one of those days when you ponder giving your child away to the next circus traveling through town.  If I told her not to touch something, she would smash it. If I told her not to throw her pens on the floor, she would sweep everything off the table. If I told her not to hit me, she would hit me again. Well, you get it. I'm thinking she might be acting out because she knows something is up. Or maybe she's just being two years old. Who knows.

Luckily, she is still mostly her fun, sweet and energetic self and there is nothing some really nice hugs can't fix. 

Other than that, we're just waiting for baby to arrive and I actually finally finished packing the hospital bag. Well, almost anyways.

6 comments:

  1. Nice backpack Inara you look really cool. Will you be a big sister when the new baby comes? You can be momma's helper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inara says thanks and that she's the best big sister there is! :)

      Delete
  2. If y'all are having the same experience as we are with Lily ( which it sounds lik) then she is probably just being two. I try and tell myself that she is learning to tell us what she thinks and control her emotions but some days it is just hard and you just want to hand her off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, maybe you're right, she's just being two. And I realize that when she's testing us, it's all a normal part of her development. It's hard when you're not sure how to handle it though. I do think that kids generally want to be good and that they respond better to praise than punishment, so that's what I mostly try to do. And she's not like that every day and should probably be allowed a bad day just like anybody else. A Swedish children's author famously said to just give kids unlimited love and common sense will grow by itself. I think that's true for the most part. Any more Thailand pictures coming soon?

      Delete
    2. Exactly how I feel about 2 year olds and their bad days!

      And no more pics of Thailand coming. I have them all up on facebook and I don't use our family blog anymore. I only update my food blog now, really all I have the time and energy for. I do put some current life stuff and family pictures up some also.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I I'll have to take a look at your page. I should log into your blog more too, I usually just see those tasty recipes on fb nad think that it would be great to make something like that if I had the energy.

      Delete